Friday 31 January 2014

Egbert, the Humpty Dumpty who didn't sit on the wall.

humpty dumpty wall photo egbert.gif  Everthing 10p the cardboard notice said - I was amongst bits of material, odd plates and even odder things in a bin outside a Charity Shop. She was rummaging about in there and spotted me 'Aha,' she said triumphantly 'I need you Egbert for my next animation.'  Alarm bells sounded 'why has she given me a name - oh dear, what's she going to do to me?'

'Egbert' she said 'you remind me of Humpty Dumpty,' so she took pics of me then put me on a shelf.  I watched myself (the photos that is) being poorly manipulated on this animation package she's got. 'I worried for I knew the nursery rhyme too well and didn't want to fall off that damn wall and crack my head open.
'I've done a twist on that old rhyme Egbert,' she said turning round, 'no sitting on the wall, you'll be running away from it for the rest of your life. '
Boy, am I glad the real Egbert is sitting 'ere on this shelf.

1 comment:

Sian said...

You crack me up - that's so funny.